Porch Awning Installation
Adding a porch awning will protect you from the elements while gaining entry to your home, and will shade your home during the warmer months, while keeping you dry during showers. Having full use of your porch gives you and your family expanded living space open to the outdoors, year round.
For more information or a free estimate for porch awning installation, contact Carter Fence today!
Porch Awning Styles
Awnings present a stylish, practical solution for covering your porch. They can be purchased in many styles that can add weather protection to your home’s porch as well as a touch of character. At Carter Fence we install SunSetter awnings. Our retractable SunSetter awnings are available in assorted colors and styles and are created using a 100 percent solution-dyed, water-repellent acrylic fabric. These beautifully crafted fabrics serve best for awnings, as they are light and the available colors and styles provide value without the big price tag.
Installing a Porch Awning
Porch awning installation in Northern Virginia begins with a professional, certified technician. Here is a glimpse of our porch awning installation procedures:
- Awning installer will measure your existing porch area to formulate a plan to install the awning.
- Once constructed, your awnings will be attached to your home at a height that will assure clearance for walking, which is usually 8 or 9 feet, or at a height that better suits you. This can be discussed with your installer.
- If the awning is being added to an existing permanent awning for further weather protection, the awnings will be attached accordingly.
- Some awnings will require support braces that are attached to the side of the house by drilling small holes.
- Once the braces have been secured, the technicians will secure the awning and you will then be able to enjoy the shade provided by your new porch awning.
These are the steps for basic installation of a porch awning. If you are installing a retractable unit, the steps are almost the same; however, you need to consider the location of a power source if you choose to install a motorized retractable porch awning. The convenience of a retractable awning will allow you turn your covered porch into one that is open to the sun in just a few seconds.
Porch Awning Installation in Northern Virginia
Adding a porch awning to your North Virginia home can help keep the harsh rays of summer off your porch and allow you the pleasure of its use in all but the stormiest weather. It is a sound investment in your home. A porch awning will add value and good looks when installed properly by a professional who understands your needs.
To get a free estimate for porch awning installation in Northern Virginia, contact us online or give us a call at 703-255-0824.