Are you looking for an easy and practical way to update your Northern Virginia home? Do you want something that adds value and functionality? A retractable awning is the way to go! Add it to any deck or patio and instantly transform your space into a cool summer hangout. An awning is a solid financial investment that can help pay for itself. Just in case you aren’t already contacting a professional to begin your retractable awning installment, here are a few more reasons to install a deck or patio awning.
1. Save money on energy bills – The American Society of Heating and Air Conditioning states that awnings can reduce heat gain by up to 65 percent when the sun shines directly on southern facing windows and up to 77 percent for western facing windows. What does that mean? Well, according to The Department of Energy, it means that your awning can lower the internal temperature of your home by up to 15 degrees. During the summer you can expand your awning and keep the hot sun from radiating heat into your home. Also, most people have sliding glass doors as entry ways to their decks and patios, so the awning will significantly reduce the amount of heat the doors create. This can drastically reduce your energy bill and allow you to keep your thermostat set at a higher temperature. Saving you money and keeping your AC unit from working overtime.
2. Make money – Adding a retractable awning t your home can increase your home’s overall value. Patio and deck awnings instantly add curb appeal to your home. In the event that you try to sell your home, adding an awning is a great way to attract potential buyers and portray a more inviting first impression. Also, if you live in a neighborhood where most of the houses look the same, an awning can make your home more distinct and unique.
3. Expand your living space – Adding a patio or deck awning along with some comfortable outside furniture can significantly increase your living space. The shade it provides in the summer can make for an extra space to entertain guests. It also adds shelter for children or pets to play, keeping them out of direct sun light.
4. Protect your investments – Awnings can protect your air conditioning unit by keeping it cool and keeping it out of direct sunlight. Keeping it cool prevents it from having to work double time to keep your home cool, also saving you money. The awning can also protect your AC unit during storms by keeping dust and debris away. Your patio furniture will also last longer when it is underneath the awning. Your home’s retractable awning will keep it out of direct sunlight when not in use and covered during storms.
5. Pure comfort and enjoyment – There is absolutely nothing wrong with making additions to your home just because you know you will utilize it and love it. Summer temperatures in Northern Virginia continue to increase—adding a retractable awning can give you a serene and cool place to relax any time of the day.
Installing an Awning to your Northern Virginia Home
Easy to use and simple to install, retractable awnings can add value to your home, pay for themselves over time, and give you a great new living space to enjoy.
If you are in the Northern Virginia area and are interested in adding a retractable awning to your home call the professionals at Carter Fence to get your free estimate! 703-255-0824