Useful Information When Considering a Wrought Iron Fence in Great Falls VA
Considering a Wrought Iron Fence in Great Falls VA? Here’s some useful information to help you decide.
Wrought iron is a very low carbon iron alloy that is very strong and malleable, making it the iron of choice for shaping. The term wrought iron now generally applies to any iron (most typically mild steel) that is hammered, twisted, or bent into shape.
Five Benefits of Wrought Iron
What are the benefits of wrought iron fencing?
- Classic Style: wrought iron fencing is elegant, and can be customized to suit your taste.
- Strength: wrought iron fencing is much stronger than other common fencing materials.
- Long Lasting: wrought iron will last for many years; it is much more durable than wood, because it is pest, rot, mold, and mildew resistant.
- Good Visibility: wrought iron fencing has rails spaced apart so your view is not interrupted, as it would be with a solid fence.
- Security: wrought iron is very hard to break, and when built at the 6’ or more height, can beautifully provide outstanding security.
Wrought Iron Costs
A wrought iron fence is an investment in your Great Falls, VA home. While it’s one of the most costly materials to use in fencing, it is also one of the most durable, as long as yearly maintenance is performed (inspection, rust removal, touch up paint). Wrought iron is heavy, and labor-intensive to install.
Wrought Iron Look-Alikes
Some “wrought iron” isn’t iron at all, but aluminum. Ornamental aluminum looks like wrought iron, but costs much less for materials and labor. It is somewhat durable and weather resistant, however it isn’t as strong as wrought iron, and can acquire dents.
Have questions about a wrought iron – or aluminum – fence for your Great Falls, VA home? Please contact the experts at Carter Fence; we can provide you with a free quote and guidance on which type of fence is right for your home.