When first considering a new fence installation at your home in Lyon Village, VA you will want to ask yourself several questions to get started such as—
- What is your reason for a fence installation at your Lyon Village, VA home?
- How much do you want to spend on a fence installation?
- How much time do you have to maintain a new fence?
- Will your fence installation require gates?
- Will you do the installation yourself or hire a contractor?
- Do you know where your property line is located?
- Do you live in a Lyon Village, VA neighborhood with an HOA that has restrictions on the type of fence installation you can have on your property?
If you are going to attempt a fence installation on your own, you will need to check to see if there are any zoning code restrictions and what permits need to be filed. If you are hiring a contractor for your fence installation, most will do all the leg work for permits as part of their fee.
Next, you will have to determine the type of material you want to use for your fence installation at your Lyon Village, VA home. Different materials require specific maintenance to keep your fence looking new, so if you are not willing to spend a lot of time staining every so many years, wood is not recommended.
An alternative would be vinyl fencing that resembles the look of wood. It is easier to maintain, just a little soap and water to keep it looking great. The upfront cost may be a little more, but in the long run, you will save money and the extra time it would take to maintain if you were to install a wooden fence.
Ornamental aluminum also offers Lyon Village, VA homeowners elegant fencing to showcase your beautiful landscaping. It is extremely durable and rust resistant. A fence installation using ornamental aluminum is much more cost-effective that wrought iron with virtually the same look.
Whatever fencing materials you decide on for your fence installation at your home in Lyon Village, VA, hiring a profession fence installer such Carter Fence will guarantee the work will be done correctly and will last for years to come if properly maintained. Proper fence installation is essential to a lasting fence.