The best fence for a family takes into consideration how much upkeep and fence repair in Manassas, VA, that they want to do. It can be a time-consuming job, even for do-it-yourselfers. Many homeowners prefer to invest in low-maintenance fence material.
Of course, there are other considerations. The fence should be in a style to make the most of the look of the house and landscaping. The homeowner needs to match the fence material and design to what he is trying to achieve with it. For example, if a person needs a privacy fence, it makes no sense to invest in chain link. This is a very low maintenance material, but it is easy to see through.
3 Best Fence Materials for Low Maintenance
Here are 3 of the best materials for people who don’t want to worry about upkeep and fence repair in Manassas, VA.
- Vinyl fences are very durable and strong. They can stand up to weather extremes and lots of rain and snow. For city dwellers, this can be a good choice because it is easy to clean graffiti from the surface.
Vinyl is more expensive at installation, but it pays for itself in the long term because it requires so little upkeep. It also lasts for decades.
- Chain link fences are easy to maintain and very budget-friendly. Made from galvanized steel, they aren’t the most attractive choice for homes. But they work very well if a family has a large back lot that needs to be fenced.
All it needs is an occasional hosing down to keep it in good shape. If it needs fence repair, a contractor can easily do the fence repair in Manassas, VA. Usual repair problems are sections torn out or diamond-shaped openings bent out of shape.
- Aluminum fences can mimic the look of upscale wrought iron. Though not the best choice for security or privacy, it can fit in well with a wide range of architectural styles and outdoor décor.
Maintenance for aluminum fences is minimal. If it is painted, the surface will need to be renewed every two or three years to keep it looking fresh. One thing that can be a problem is damage from extreme weather conditions like wind or low temperatures. If the fence develops problems, a contractor can handle the fence repair in Manassas, VA.
The team at Carter Fence has been helping people in the local area since 1986. They are experts, with hands-on knowledge in design, material selection, construction, repair and maintenance. They have a reputation for caring customer service and competitive prices.
Carter Fence handles a range of outdoor projects for homes and businesses, including:
- Picket fences
- Vinyl fences
- Chain link fences
- Wood fences
- Split rail fences
- Pasture and estate fences
- Privacy fences
- Aluminum fences
- Deck installation and resurfacing
- Awning installation and service
For expert deck repair in Manassas, VA, call the pros at Carter Fence today.