Regardless what type of fence you have installed on your property in Northern, VA, eventually it will need a fence repair of sorts. Exposure to the elements can cause your fence to become damaged and weakened. You might need a fence repair because someone’s car accidentally ran onto your property and tore your fence down or enough damage that you will need some type of fence repairs. Sometimes your fence can become infested with pests such as termites or carpenter ants. Homeowners in Northern, VA who have livestock experience harm to their fences because livestock tends to lay heavy over fences causing damage to the top boards or weakening the posts and will need fence repair.
Having a fence installed in Northern, VA by professions such as Carter Fence will ensure that your fence is built correctly in the first place. If you want a sturdy fence and one that will last you for years to come, it is best to seek a fence contractor in Northern, VA for the build out. Maintenance is another vital step in preventing needed fence repair. However, nothing lasts forever.
A standard fence repair that arises for most homeowners in Northern, VA includes fence posts—
- Remove all the dirt until you expose the concrete at the bottom of the post.
- Check to see if you need to replace the concrete or use the existing.
- Dig around the concrete so that you can insert a fence mender.
- Brace the fence into the correct position with a 2×4.
- When the fence is plumb, slide in the mender against the fence post and drive in the ground at least a foot.
- Attach the mender to the fence post using connector screws.
- Fill the holes.
- Remove the 2×4 brace and test by wiggling your fence to see if it is sturdier.
- If need be, install a mender on the opposite side of the fence post.
Without a sturdy post, the rest of your fence will soon fall down. This is the structure of your fence and needs to be carefully watched. Periodically walk your fence line and check for rot around your fence posts and for damaged fencing boards. Fence repairs should be done as soon as you notice any damage to your fence on your property in Northern, VA. Only then can you continue to have a sturdy fence whose appearance will continue to enhance your Northern, VA property.